We live in a high tech world where there’s an app for everything. From making your bed to keeping time, mobile apps have you covered. Now, there is a new breed of mobile apps that are helping you budget as well. What makes this type of app different from your typical financial app?
Well, these apps automatically track your spending and can help you save money rather quickly. I personally have been using one of these apps for over six months and it has really helped me get on track with my personal finances. So, in this post we’ll look at some of the best budgeting apps that you should download when you are looking to save money.
App developers are innovative and they understand what it takes to save money on a budget. That’s why we’ve documented our favorite saving money apps for both iOS and Android. Here’s a list of favorites :
- Mint This budgeting app syncs all of your bank accounts to create a comprehensive overview of your financial life. To get started, you link all of your bank accounts and credit cards to your Mint account. Everything is then categorized into types of transactions, and you can add more categories as you prefer.
- Check is a financial management app that automatically analyzes your bank accounts for expenses and provides recommendations on how to better organize your money. It’s also great for balancing your checkbook, importing direct deposit info, and storing important documents like mortgage statements or insurance policies.
- Shopular offers in-store savings at your favorite retailers, including Target, CVS and Macy’s. Simply download the app, browse through featured deals and take advantage of coupons you can use right away.
- Acorns is another great free app that allows you to save and invest efficiently. You can choose from five investment portfolios or manually invest your own way under the “Portfolio Model” option.
- AirSpend Check out this app if you want to find the cheapest flight to Vegas or book a last-minute hotel room .
- Endless Deals Always looking for sweet deals? Download this app for access to coupons and discounts for your favorite stores and restaurants .
- Piggy is a free banking app that allows you to save, spend, borrow, send and even earn interest on your money. The best part? It’s free! Piggy is available on both Apple and Android devices.
- Give Me Points This is a fun discovery app that lets you earn points through tasks such as scanning items at the grocery store.
- Blink is an app that helps you save money at the grocery store by letting you know when an item is cheaper at another store. You can even scan the barcodes and automatically sign up for notifications about sales.
- Shopycat is another coupon clipping app but it works in real time so it is more likely that you will be able to use the coupons.
At the end we know that Budgeting can be hard.
That’s why we rounded up some of the most popular budgeting apps to help you save money, manage your spending, and stick to your budget.